Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Cover Art Revealed: The Last Queen of India

I just love the BIG REVEAL moment when a book you are anxiously awaiting the publication date for gets it's cover art presented to the public! It's like the sneak preview that you catch in between commercials and makes you sit up and go all tingly. Well, I had one of those moments this morning when I spotted the newly released cover art for Michelle Moran's latest historical novel, The Last Queen of India. We still have to wait until July for the story itself, but the cover art is a lovely morsel to feed this book addict's soul...


Honestly, it's not what I expected, and it's a little bit of a disappointment. When I think of a title like The Last Queen of India I expect something a little more exciting and profound than a blue shawl and some heavy eye shadow. It doesn't really say "Sovereign of the East - Defender of an Empire" to me. Just what are we setting this character and her story up for here with a cover that doesn't seem to say what the title and catch phrase are trying to prepare us for?

Regardless, I am delighted to have a cover for this book now, and am happily counting down until July!

LOOK FOR THE LAST QUEEN OF INDIA, AVAILABLE JULY 3rd, 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment